Preparing parents to address pornography use and promote healthy intimacy using a relationship-focused approach. The presentation consists of the following topics:
· Media Safety & 21st Century Pornography
· Conversations for Age 5-10
· Conversations for Ages 11-13
· Understanding Decision Making in Teens
· Parent/Child Accountability
· Conversations for Ages 14-18
· Addressing Masturbation (optional)
This curriculum project was facilitated by Pure Community and developed collaboratively by numerous organizations and counselors in 2015. In addition to the presentation, attendees will be provided with a resource list of books, websites, and video recommendations for follow up.
Ann Martin, LCSW, has counseled teenagers and families on their journey towards health for over 20 years. She specializes in sexuality, family systems issues and compulsive behaviors.
John Fort, co-author of Father-Son Accountability and speaker on parenting for purity.
Lucas Fort, student, age 17 and co-author of Father-Son Accountability.
Visit the Pure Community website for more information.